These images are merely thumbnails...don't forget to CLICK 'em to see things for what they really are!

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Comics Re-Post - FANGS FOR NUTTIN'! Joe Sinnott's "MEN WITH FANGS!"



Hey, Friends!
I originally posted this several years ago, but while I'm busy preparing new posts and scanning more comics for ALL of my other comics blogs, I figured I'd trot this out again in hopes that many of you haven't had the pleasure of seeing this before, and even if you have, why not revisit this little Atlas masterpiece, just for fun?

Joe Sinnott is one of my favorite comic artists, not only for his amazing inking over Kirby on 'Fantastic Four' and hundreds (thousands?) of other great comics for Marvel during their 60's rebirth, but because of his own wonderful drawing style, as featured primarily in Marvel's Atlas incarnation in the 50's. He was a real master of westerns, war comics, sci-fi, romance (he apparently did tons of anonymous work ghosting for Vinnie Colletta studios in the 60's, duplicating the style!) - he did it ALL wonderfully! Oh, did I mention his HORROR comics? Hee hee!!  How about a sexy dame, a little bondage, and... - Were-Rats?!
Scanned from my own comic,
from Atlas' SUSPENSE #25, 1952, here is
MEN WITH FANGS!

______________

(click to enlarge)









_______________________




Looks like ol' Jim was so concerned about those darned "Men With Fangs" that he totally dropped his guard and didn't even consider there might be any pesky "Women With Fangs", eh?


Remember,
for more classic comics scans don't forget my main comics blog
APOCOLYTE'S WORLD OF COMICS!

...and for black and white comic art goodness, visit
BLACK 'N' WHITE AND RED ALL OVER!

That's where all the GOOD STUFF is at!

No comments:

Post a Comment